sally header2

Sunday, July 27, 2008

really?

I let our dog out in the backyard this evening and went about my kitchen business. Dog started barking, as he does when he sees a bike/wants to come in/randomly. Sometimes, I just let him bark it up* to advertise our mean**, giant dog.
Tonight, he barked and as I walked to let him in, I heard someone walking by say to the 90 ls German Shepard "Who do you think you're barkin' at?" And it wasn't in a nice awwww-cute-barking-doggie-way either. It was in an oh-yeah? you-want-to-fight? you-dog-you? sort of way.

You know, because it makes perfect sense to talk trash to a fenced in dog that is 2 yards away. Was he going to threaten to kick his ass next? Seriously.





* but never early/late/more than 5 minutes.
** not really, but I like that people might think that he's mean when protecting all of our really expensive grad student belongings...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Seeking Solace said...

The Boy trash barks too. It's kind of a "If you come over here, I'll kick your ass!"

There used to be a dog two houses away from us. When I would walk the Boy, he and this dog would trash bark each other. The Boy would lunge at this other dog, who was doing the same thing!

It totally cracks me up.

9:14 AM  
Blogger DancingFish said...

Silly pooches! GSDs are good for that though!

It would make much more sense if this guy had a dog with him though. He was just walking by, no dog, yelling at our dog.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home