sally header2

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Things I've done this month that are stupid


  • Tried to take a 90 pound dog to the fireworks. He did ok with the fireworks themselves but the crowds had him trying to jump over a 3 ft high concrete wall.

  • Fell off my bike....but really, I didn't fall OFF of it so much. My new clipless pedals kept me securely attached to the bike as I rolled to a stop and promptly fell over. The bike landing on me was worse than me hitting the ground. Luckily, I was stopped. Had this happened when I was going downhill (at a reckless speed, according to V), I would be in bad shape.

  • Baked cupcakes when our kitchen was 97 degrees.

  • Tried to make chocolate milk with only cocoa powder and milk. I swear I saw Alton Brown do it once, but there must've been more steps involved. I keep reading that milk/chocolate milk is the best post-workout recovery drink. Must buy some chocolate sauce though...

Hmmmm, I wonder what I am forgetting. It seemed like there were a lot more of these...

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unbalanced Reaction said...

Actually, not too bad of a list! (although cooking in that heat....whew!)

9:47 PM  
Blogger Laurie K said...

At this very second I am in the midst of baking a pie in our 90+ degree kitchen just a few days before moving.

Maybe I will start my own list.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Jenny F. Scientist said...

Easy chocolate sauce: 3 parts cocoa, 2 part water, 1 part sugar. Put in jar, mix, microwave for about a minute (watch carefully, it boils over). Add more sugar to taste. Refrigerate.

9:14 AM  
Blogger DancingFish said...

unbalanced- yeah, I was surprised. I am sure there are more =)

Laurie- if it is 90+ degrees anyway, I figure the smell and baked goods are worth a few more degrees!

jenny- Thanks! I am going to try that tonight!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Canada said...

you just forgot the sugar part of the recipe for chocolate milk with cocoa powder. It's easier to make hot chocolate because the sugar dissolves better, but you can certainly do it - my Mom used to all the time :)

1:24 AM  
Blogger ScienceGirl said...

Whoa! Hope you've recovered from that bike incident!

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home